- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Super Healthy Completely Natural Honey Based Antibiotic Potion
Many of us have already started preparing for the cold and flu season. We are stocking up on antiviral herbs, trying to improve our immune systems by eating more turmeric. Although many of us are using turmeric as a spice in our foods while others are using turmeric supplements, but did you know that when you mix turmeric with raw, organic honey, you are making the strongest, completely natural antibiotic that Mother Nature can provide?
This mixture has powerful anti-inflammatory compounds so it not only kills the bacteria that is causing your problems but also supports your body’s own natural defenses. Unlike pharmaceutical antibiotics, this “medicine” has no negative effects on the natural balance of your intestinal flora.
Turmeric’s active ingredient is curcumin, a polyphenol that is known to have more than 150 therapeutic benefits, including, but certainly not limited to, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-cancer compounds.
Eating this mixture of honey and turmeric vastly improves your digestion and increases the activity of the beneficial bacteria in your gut. This isn’t just new age gobbledy gook; this is a science based fact! Ayurveda medicine has used this mixture as a remedy for colds for thousands of years.
Instead of running to your doctor or checking out those over the counter remedies when you get a cold or the flu or have a sore throat, use this golden honey tonic instead. Using this tonic at the very first signs of illness, make this mixture and take it regularly for three days. Chances are excellent that whatever is bothering you will be completely gone.
Continue to Page 2
- 3.5 Ounces ( 100 grams) of raw organic honey
- 1 Tablespoon of turmeric ( don’t use curry powder but plain turmeric)
Mix these two ingredients together in a glass jar. At the first sign of an illness (sore throat, nagging cough, runny nose, tickle in the throat, fever, etc.) Take as follows:
- Day 1- Take half a teaspoon of this mixture every hour for at least 12 hours.
- Day 2- Take half a teaspoon every two hours for 12 hours
- Day 3- Take half a teaspoon three times per day.
Take this mixture after eating and try to avoid drinking or eating anything for the next 20 to 30 minutes after consumption so it can stay in your throat and kill off the bacteria or virus.
Turmeric does thin the blood and lower blood pressure, so if you are taking any other type of medication, especially if you suffer from hypertension or hemophilia, consult your doctor before taking this tonic. Turmeric can also decrease blood sugar levels, so for those with diabetes, you should also consult your doctor before consuming this golden honey mixture.
If you suffer from bile disease, do not take this mixture! Turmeric will cause muscle contractions in the gallbladder and this will cause you serious health issues.
If someone in your household is suffering from a cold or the flu, you can mix this golden honey tonic in herbal tea and give it to everyone else in the house to help avoid becoming infected.
‘Staying healthy with nutrition’ by Elson M. Haas
‘Näringsmedicinska uppslagsboken’ by Peter Wilhelmsson