- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
The All-Natural Super Oil You’ve Never Heard Of
How To Make Lime Oil
Can’t find lime oil at a store? We’ve got you covered. Here’s a great recipe from Dr. Joseph Mercola that will help you prepare lime oil in your home.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A fine mesh sieve
- 2 cups of olive oil
- 2 whole limes
- A paring knife (a citrus zester will also work)
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a pan. Use the knife or zester to cut the lime down, forming quarter-inch strips. Add the zest to the oil and allow it to simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and cover it. Let the oil and zest steep for two and a half to three hours. After this, run it through the sieve into an airtight container and store it in a dark, cool place. Your new batch of lime oil is now ready to use. It does not require refrigeration, and will last about two weeks.
The world of essential oils is an exciting one, and lime oil is one that many people are still unaware of. Stay ahead of the curve and try making your own as an experiment. You may find it to be your new favorite scent and home remedy.