- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
The Incredible Benefits of Bone Broth
4. Supports Healthy Skin, Nails, Hair, and Joints
Bone broth is high in collagen, which supports healthy hair, skin, and nail health. Bone broth also contains glucosamine chondroitin sulphates which support healthy joints.
The production of collagen in the body slows down immensely as we age. By consuming bone broth, you provide your body with the necessary amino acids for collagen production. This means that bone broth can actually keep your skin soft, smooth, firm, and reduce the number of wrinkles. The gelatin in bone broth also strengthens the nails and hair, encouraging them to grow longer and stronger.
Bone broth is made with bones and can contain a small amount of meat that adheres to the bones. Bone broths are usually simmered over a low flame for a long period of time, generally for 24 hours or more. This helps to leech as many of the minerals and nutrients as possible, transferring them to the water.
If you have ever used pre-packaged stocks before, then you have an idea of how versatile this broth can be. You should know, however, that those broths and stocks typically purchased in cans aren’t “real.” These are nothing more than lab-made meat flavors mixed with some animal fat, salt, and MSG. They contain no beneficial nutrients at all.
Bone broth is often used as a base for gravy, sauces, soups, and used to cook rice. Of course, you aren’t restricted by these ideas. You can also use bone broth:
- To cook vegetables and add extra nutrients
- In a mug all by itself, for a warm drink that is a nice alternative to tea or coffee
- Dehydrate it and make your own bouillon powder
- Use as a base for gravies and sauces
- Use in place of plain water to cook rice or beans in for a unique flavor that adds vital nutrients at the same time.
Another great thing about bone broth is that if you or someone you love is plagued with Celiac disease, then you know that their intolerance of gluten often causes digestive problems and deficiencies in certain nutrients. Bone broth is a great way to boost your system with absolutely no digestive discomfort at all. Bone broth will help coat and soothe the entire digestive system, helping it to heal, without causing it any stress or irritation.
If you aren’t making bone broth regularly, why not start today? If you aren’t sure how, check out our article entitled How to Make Your Own Naturally Healthy Bone Broth. This is an incredibly healthy, yet super inexpensive way to add nutrition to your diet and make your food dollar go a long way. Of course you can always buy bone broth at health food stores but nothing on earth tastes as good as homemade broth. This is a nutrient rich food that anyone can afford!