- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
The Latest Cancer Cure: Pineapples!?
Diet and Cancer
One of the larger ideas that this study points to is the important role of diet in determining one’s risk of developing cancer. What you put into your body plays an enormous part in either reducing or increasing your chances of developing any disease, and cancer is no exception.
Eliminate unnatural polyunsaturated and trans fats as much as you can. Sugar is also a major problem. According to the metabolic theory of cancer, when the glucose in sugar is broken down, it creates reactive oxygen species, which cause oxidative stress and inflammation, eventually leading to cancer.
Eat a diet that is rich in whole fruits and vegetables, lean protein and high quality (low glycemic index) carbs and natural fats. Omega-3 fats found in fish and natural oils like olive and coconut oil can go a long way toward lowering cholesterol and fighting inflammation, a factor that contributes to cancer.
READ ALSO: Top 5 Pineapple Benefits Video
While you’re at it, throw in some pineapple, too. It’s objectively good for you even if you’re not convinced by the cancer study yet, but as more research is done, more and more people may end up benefiting from the amazing potential of bromelain.