- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
The Many Benefits Of Frankincense Oil
How to Pick the RightFrankincense Oil
It is important that you only buy pure frankincense essential oil. If it is a reputable brand, it should be clearly labeled as such. Many brands are actually “fragrance oils,” which have the scent, but none of the health benefits. Fragrance oils are usually cheaper, but as with anything in life, you get what you pay for.
What are the Health Benefits?
As mentioned earlier, frankincense has historically been used as incense. In its oil form, this tradition continues in the form of aromatherapy. Frankincense oil fumes can be inhaled directly or diffused with a vaporizer. The fumes provide a feeling a relaxation and tranquility, which is useful for people coping with stress or anxiety.
But what makes frankincense oil stand out from other essential oils and incense varieties is the number of scientifically verified health benefits it possesses. Studies have shown the following benefits:
- Anti-inflammatory qualities. Chronic inflammation is a telltale sign of poor health and can contribute to further health problems as well. Luckily, frankincense oil has been shown to inhibit the formation of inflammatory molecules. This has the potential to provide relief to people suffering from inflammatory conditions like arthritis or rheumatoid arthritis.
- A Natural Dentist? Frankincense oil also has antiseptic qualities, which means it can help fight mouth conditions like bad breath, plaque, cavities, and more.
- Fighting respiratory illness. The expectorant properties of this essential oil mean that it can help alleviate congestion and clear out phlegm built up by common colds, bronchitis and other respiratory conditions.
- Improved Digestion. Frankincense oil promotes peristaltic motion, which is what allows food to move smoothly through the digestive tract. It also aids in the actual process of digestion itself by increasing your body’s production of gastric acids and juices which break down food into usable molecules.
- In addition to this, frankincense oil has disinfectant and astringent properties, which can speed up the healing of wounds and reducing the appearance or wrinkles.
Continue to Page 3