- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
The Weirdest Cold Remedies From Around The World!
When we get a cold in the United States, most people go to their physician who than hands them a prescription, tells them to get plenty of rest, and drink lots of fluids. It has proven to be interesting to see how the same symptoms are treated around the world.
Russian people treat their colds and flu with a hot beverage that resembles eggnog. Gogol Mogol is created by combining an egg yolk with a spoonful of sugar or honey. Whisk together and add to a half cup of warm milk. Add unsalted butter (1 Tbsp.), and a shot of cognac or rum for adults. The soothing mixture is said to treat a sore throat and the milk helps put the patient to sleep.
You may hope that if you are traveling and develop a cold, Britain is where would want to be. These health practitioners use a type of cocoa called theobromine to create a hot beverage used to keep the symptoms of a cold to a minimum. The cocoa has been shown to reduce coughing bouts by calming the vagus nerve.
Continue to Page 2