- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
This One Spice Will Turn Your Bath Into A Super Detox Experience
Super Ginger Epsom Salt Detoxifying Soak
- 2 cups of Epsom salts
- ½ cup of ground ginger (if you have fresh ginger root, you can add some thin, fresh slices to the tub just before you get in)
- 1 ginger tea bag
- 5 drops of ginger essential oil
Instructions: Fill your tub with hot water. Add the Epsom salts and swish them around until they have dissolved. Add the remaining ingredients. Soak for 20 to 30 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
If you have a loofah, this would be a great time to use it, as it can stimulate circulation and remove dead skin cells so that your body can do an even better job of detoxifying. You might find that you are still sweating several hours afterwards. Don’t worry, this is natural and is simply your body detoxifying itself. Be sure to stay hydrated and drink plenty of water afterwards.
If you don’t have that much ginger around the house, you can also use apple cider vinegar. This is probably in your kitchen right now! To use apple cider vinegar, simply draw a hot bath, and then add 2 cups of organic, apple cider vinegar to the bath water. You don’t need Epsom salts for this one, as apple cider vinegar has all the power you need to fully detox.
Swish the vinegar around to be sure it is mixed in, and then relax in the tub for 20 to 30 minutes. Some people like to add a few drops of essential oils to their apple cider vinegar soak, because, let’s face it, vinegar is pretty strong-smelling. The best essential oil for this purpose is lavender, peppermint, cedarwood, rosemary, or chamomile. These aren’t necessary, but they do turn a pungent detox bath into a sweet-smelling one that can calm the mind and body with its sweet fragrance. Add about 10 drops to start. If you find that you want a bit more scent, add 2 more drops at a time until you have a sweet-smelling soak.
Relax and enjoy, friends!