- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
This One Vitamin Is Found To Kill Cancer Cells (We’ll Tell You the Right Way To Get It)
There is mounting evidence that one little vitamin can play a significant role in stopping cancer, especially breast cancer. A number of recent studies have shown that vitamin E stops cancer cells’ metabolism.
This is good news for all women (men as well) who want to protect themselves from breast cancer; those who are currently getting treatment for this disease; or those who have already defeated this illness and want to avoid a repeat performance.
In fact, if you are taking Tamoxifen, there have been clinical trials showing that vitamin E enhances the effects of Tamoxifen, which means that by taking vitamin E, you would need 25 percent less Tamoxifen. Since Tamoxifen itself has been linked to a higher risk of stroke or uterine cancer, cutting back on the amount of this drug you take is a good thing. Ask your doctor if taking vitamin E and less Tamoxifen is right for you.
Scientists have found that breast cancer has special cells that not only initiate and develop tumors, but also speed up the metastasis, therapeutic resistance, and relapse. Luckily, vitamin E destabilizes the mitochondria in those special cells so they cannot continue with their metabolism, resulting in cell death.
Human cells work much the same way. Every cell in your body has a tiny engine in it called the mitochondria, where fuel is burned to give that cell energy. Vitamin E blocks this process in cancerous cells. Without fuel, the cell dies of starvation, not matter how young or developed the cell.
Research teams hope that vitamin E can help to induce cell death when taken in higher concentrations as well as block the normal mitochondrial function.
Continue to Page 2
But wait, before you rush out and buy that super mega-sized package of vitamin E, you should know that not all vitamin E is the same. Research teams found that these actions only worked by using vitamin E succinate, which is a natural tocopherol.
Vitamin E is actually made up of eight different compounds. Four of them are known as tocopherols and four are tocotrienols. Each of these is found in some amount in most peoples’ daily diet.
The most well-known in this group is the form most commonly found in vitamin E supplements, called alpha-tocopherol. This is most likely because it is the one known for preventing damage caused by free radicals. Although preventing free radical damage is good, it’s not the type needed for fighting cancer. Even worse? Almost all of the vitamin E supplements sold on the market today are synthetic.
In fact, the MD Anderson Cancer Center, located in Texas, looked at the natural version of vitamin E and found that high consumption of natural, not synthetic, vitamin E reduced the risk of lung cancer by 55 percent. In 2012, the National Cancer Institute of America showed that natural vitamin E is one of the compounds that stopped the re-growth of tumors.
You can get more natural vitamin E by eating more of the following natural foods that are high in the type of vitamin E you need to fight cancer, including:
- Wheat germ oil
- Sunflower seeds
- Green leafy vegetables
- Eggs (including the yolk)
- Oily fish (such as salmon, tuna, and herring)
- All types of nuts
- Sesame seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Whole grains
- Sweet potatoes
- Unrefined palm oil
Many of these foods are found in the Mediterranean diet, which is documented to be the only one that reduces the death rate from all diseases.
Continue to Page 3
The Gill Heart Institute at the University of Kentucky published a study in 2014 showing that those who consumed a Mediterranean diet had a reduction in artery disease by as much as 56 percent. There were also lower rates of inflammation and insulin resistance.
In addition to fighting cancer, vitamin E can also:
- Protect the lungs from air pollution.
- Reduce the signs of aging by fighting oxidation and free radicals.
- Supply the body with more oxygen, improving endurance.
- Decrease the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Stop the appearance of blood clots.
- Dissolve blood clots.
- Lower the risk of stroke and heart disease.
- Alleviate feelings of fatigue.
- Stop leg cramps.
- Prevent the formation of scars.
- Help prevent miscarriages.
- Lower blood pressure by acting as a diuretic.
- Speed the healing of burns and prevent the formation of scars.
- Prevent various forms of cancer.
The best way to get your vitamin E on is to eat more of the foods listed above, all of which have good amounts of this important vitamin. This way, you don’t have to rely on supplements, and you can get all eight forms of vitamin E. This is the easiest way for your body to digest it and to assimilate it for immediate use.