- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Free Subscription To the Freshest Health News And Tips
Three Super High Protein Vegetarian Recipes: Get Your Protein On!
3. Carrot Coleslaw with Smoky Tempeh
Tempeh is fermented soy and if you haven’t tried them, you will love them in this recipe!
- 8 ounces of tempeh, sliced into triangles
- 1.5 tablespoon of real maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon of liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 3 teaspoon of tamari or 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of crushed walnuts
- 4 cups of organic carrots, shredded
- 1 small, organic white onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoon of tahini
- ¼ cup of fresh lemon juice
- A handful of raisins
READ ALSO: Protein Paradise For Vegetarians: 12 Non-Meat Sources Of Protein
- In a large skillet, warm the olive oil (or coconut oil) over high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the tempeh triangles, liquid smoke, maple syrup and tamari. Turn the tempeh over several times so that it absorbs all the liquid evenly on both sides. Cook about 5 minutes. Once all the liquid is absorbed, the tempeh is brown and has slightly blackened edges, turn off the heat.
- Add the walnut pieces and black pepper by sprinkling it over the top of the tempeh. Set the pan aside to keep the tempeh pieces warm.
- In a large bowl, add the carrots, lemon juice, tahini, spices, parsley, onion and raisins.
- Toss well to marinate the carrots.
- If you want a creamier salad, add one more tablespoon of tahini. If you want a bit more zest, add a splash more lemon juice or a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Add the salt and pepper mix well, then taste.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Top the salad with the tempeh and serve right away or place in the fridge to serve later. This will keep in the fridge for about 24 to 36 hours. The longer the salad sets, the softer the carrots will be.
Help Us Spread The Word!
Like Us On Facebook To Stay Updated!
I'm already a Naturalon fan, don't show this box again.