- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 10 Powerful Benefits of Peppermint
6. Hay Fever
A study done in 2001 showed that using the extracts from the leaves of peppermint act as an antihistamine, which shows that it could be just as effective in relieving the symptoms of allergic rhinitis, more commonly known as hay fever.
7. Prostate Cancer
In preclinical research, peppermint was found to contain an ingredient called menthol, which has been shown to hinder the growth of prostate cancer. Read also about cancer causing foods you are probably eating every day.
8. Cavities/Bad Breath
Powdered peppermint leaves were used in the Middle Ages to stop bad breath and whiten teeth. Modern research now shows that using peppermint oil extract can stop cavities by killing the germs that cause them, even better than commercial mouthwashes.
9. Cold Symptoms
Smelling peppermint might clear your nasal passages when you have a stuffy nose, but even if it doesn’t, for some reason it tricks your brain into thinking it does. So inhale some peppermint oil next time you have a head cold. Read more about natural foods that cure colds.
In a study done in 2006, people who smelled peppermint had improved memory and an increased sense of alertness than those who didn’t take a sniff.