- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 25 Anthocyanin Rich Superfoods And Why You Should Eat Them
16. Sweet Cherries: 177 mg
17. Strawberries: 69 mg
18. Cranberries: 91 mg
19. Black Plums: 82 mg
20. Red Cabbage: 113 mg
21. Raspberries: 116 mg
22. Pink Grapefruit: 200 mg
23. Red Radishes: 116 mg
24. Pomegranates: 92 mg (varies greatly)
25. Asparagus (purple variety): 205 mg
Of course there are many other foods that contain anthocyanins, such as black beans, peaches, kidney beans, and bananas, but the list above are the foods which are known to contain the highest levels of this health-improving antioxidant.
You might have heard that saliva breaks down many anthocyanins, at least in part, thus reducing their potential health benefits. This might be true of some foods but there have still been numerous studies that have found large amounts of very important health benefits for those who eat a diet rich in foods that contain anthocyanins.