- Nourishing And Moisturizing Tropical Mango Body Butter Souffle Recipe Video
- 5 Easy Vegan Ice Cream Recipes For Summertime Video
- The Beginner’s Guide To Zero Waste Living Video
- Your First Aid Kit – Herbal Essentials Infographic
- Looking Beautiful Without Makeup? Here Is How Video
- Roasted Beet Hummus – Is It Better Than The Original? Video
- Evening Habits That Are Ruining Your Sleep Video
Top 9 Reasons why You Should Change to a Plant Based Diet
First off, let’s get right to the point that plant based does not meant vegan. It means what it says; plant based. Which means most of your foods are coming from plants but eating a modest amount of fish or lean meat is perfectly acceptable. When you choose a diet that’s heavily based in plants (which means fruits and veggies) you are sure to help ward off those chronic diseases and lose weight.
Check out our list of reasons why you should go the all-out plant based route when it comes to your diet!
1. The Prevention of Diabetes
According to the International Diabetes Federation, about 370 million people are currently living with diabetes and that is expected rise by the year 2030 to about 550 million. Diabetes is almost entirely preventable and there is a great deal of research that suggests that eating a diet that is plant based can help prevent Type 2 diabetes.
2. Good for Your Heart
Research done at Harvard tracked the habits of 110,000 subjects for more than 14 years and they discovered that the more veggies and fruits people ate, the lower their risk of developing heart disease. In fact, those who ate at least 8 servings of produce per day were 30 percent less likely to have a stroke or heart attack when compared to those who ate less than 2 servings per day.
3. Vision Value
Your eyes will certainly thank you for eating all those healthy vitamins, such as vitamin A, lutein, and zeaxanthin that are in a plant based diet. Eating plenty of carrots, kale, corn, grapes, spinach, kiwi, and squash will give you better vision, especially at night and as you age.
Continue to Page 2