- Having Panic Attacks? Here Are The Best Essential Oils That Can Help Video
- 7 Natural Drinks You Can Make For Better Sleep Infographic
- Top 7 Alkaline Foods For Warding Off Diseases Infographic
- 7 Unexpected Health Benefits Of Activated Charcoal Infographic
- Healthy Cookies: 3 Delicious Ways Video
- Sunflower Seeds And Their Amazing Benefits Infographic
- Waking Up Early Is Easy With These 10 Effortless Tricks Infographic
Want To Prevent Memory Loss? These 10 Brain Boosting Foods May Help!
You are what you eat! And, it turns out this phrase doesn’t only apply to your physical appearance, it applies to your brain and memory too! Many factors including exercise, genetics, and heart health are related to the risk of developing dementia. However, a growing body of scientific literature supports the idea that specific foods may be beneficial in reducing this risk. So, what are some of the best brain bosting foods that prevent memory loss? Let’s look at 10 of the best!
Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, studies show that individuals who consume fish about once a week have an increased amount of gray-matter in their brains. This means a moderate consumption of fish may be enough to increase late-life brain health.
2. Dark Leafy Greens
Packed with nutrients, especially vitamin K, dark leafy green vegetables provide many health benefits. One of these benefits is increased memory and brain power. In fact, one study showed that individuals who ate 2 servings of leafy green vegetables a day had cognitive abilities similar to that of individuals 11 years younger than them.
Colorful berries such as blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, acai berries, and blackberries are packed with nutrients and phytochemicals. This in turn enables berries to prevent inflammation and even protect cells in the brain from damage.
Continue to Page 2