- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
What Are The Health Benefits Of Chanting Mantras?
Health Benefits of Chanting Mantras
The benefits of chanting mantras are twofold—both physical and mental.
Lower levels of stress. Any form of meditation will help you relax and lower your level of stress. It’s a well-known fact that stress can have a debilitating effect on human health, yet few people grasp how destructive it can really be. High levels of stress on a regular basis lead to a weakened immune system, increasing the likelihood that those affected will fall ill and take longer to recover.
Stress also elevates blood pressure. Over time, high blood pressure can lead to an increased risk of cardiovascular disease, including serious conditions like heart attack or stroke.
Emotional resilience. Because it helps calm people down, chanting mantras can provide a greater ability to resist the day-to day-stresses and problems of life. Simply put, when you feel solidly based and relaxed, life doesn’t rock you as much. This can reduce your risk of anxiety and depression.
READ ALSO: The Most Mystical Benefits of Sage!
Thousands of years of practice can’t be wrong. There are many workshops, classes and retreats open to first-timers, so perhaps that might be the best option for someone who’s curious about trying it out. Try chanting and see if it helps clear your mind and reduce your levels of stress.