- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
When Life Gives You Lemons, Make… Deodorant?!
There are many people who are worried about the ingredients are used to make deodorant. The ingredients in question are aluminum, formaldehyde, triclosan, and parabens. It hasn’t been definitively proven, but many people have voiced concern over aluminum being a cause of cancer.
One of the alternatives that some people have tried in place of deodorants and antiperspirants is lemon juice. There are choices available if you no longer wish to swipe under your arms with something to keep you from sweating or having body odor. Here are some choices that you may want to check out:
There are some people who already use the juice of fresh lemons every day under their armpits as an alternative to commercial deodorant. The people feel that the citric acid from the lemon juice gives them adequate protection against perspiration and body odor. If you are interested in trying it out for yourself, just take a freshly sliced lemon and swipe it across your underarm area. Do not try this right after you have shaved under your arms, or it will sting and you will probably have a reaction.
2. Baking soda and corn starch
People who tried the baking soda/corn starch combo found that it does work, but it is messy and inconvenient. The combination is successful at naturally fighting odors and is less expensive to use on a regular basis. One woman decided to use a makeup sponge to apply her natural deodorant. The mixture is composed of one part baking soda to six parts cornstarch. Dip the makeup brush in a little water, then apply the powder.
Continue to Page 2