- Building Perfect Abs Without Getting Up From Your Sofa? Here Is How! Infographic
- How To Store Your Expensive Fruits And Veggies So You Eat More And Waste Less
- Even Your Tampon Isn’t Safe Anymore
- Make Healthy Hot Cocoa From Scratch Video
- How To Treat High Blood Pressure Naturally Infographic
- Want To Live To 100? Top Tips To Do Exactly That
- Devious Name Change For High Fructose Corn Syrup
10 Terrific Foods That Detox the Body
The same way New Year’s Day seems to bring everyone’s thoughts to the gym, every spring seems to have people thinking of doing a detox. Almost as if they want to spring clean their bodies in the same way they spring clean their homes.
It’s true that a detox diet isn’t a cure all. You won’t lose 50 pounds, you won’t grow a few inches taller, and you won’t necessarily get that job promotion. However, a short term detox will both give your body a rest, infuse it with some much needed nutrients, while recharging, so to speak, the organs that normally do your detoxing for you.
There are plenty of delicious, yet satisfying, foods that can help you detox while still maintaining your energy levels. So stock up on these 10 must eat foods and let the cleansing begin!
Although many people think of grapefruits or lemons when they think of a detox program, these fruits are so sour that many people add sugar to them to help with the taste. Ok, so eating sugar on a detox program, what’s wrong with this picture?
Instead, to avoid this, eat oranges. Oranges contain limonoids, which is the active ingredient that helps your body to detox.
They are also high in fiber which is not only good for detox but an important part in the prevention of colon cancer.