- 15 Reasons To Eat More Guavas (We Didn’t Know The Leaves Were So Healing!)
- 15 Super Foods That Naturally Lower Cholesterol (Can’t Get Enough Of #14!)
- 15 Of The Most Common Nutrient Deficiencies Most Americans Have
- This One Spice Will Turn Your Bath Into A Super Detox Experience
- 12 Toxic Compounds Hiding In This One Thing You Use Every Single Day
- The Absolute Best People Food That You Can Share With Your Pooch
- 15 Super Foods For Women Who Want To Be Smarter, Leaner, And Stronger
10 Terrific Foods That Detox the Body
The same way New Year’s Day seems to bring everyone’s thoughts to the gym, every spring seems to have people thinking of doing a detox. Almost as if they want to spring clean their bodies in the same way they spring clean their homes.
It’s true that a detox diet isn’t a cure all. You won’t lose 50 pounds, you won’t grow a few inches taller, and you won’t necessarily get that job promotion. However, a short term detox will both give your body a rest, infuse it with some much needed nutrients, while recharging, so to speak, the organs that normally do your detoxing for you.
There are plenty of delicious, yet satisfying, foods that can help you detox while still maintaining your energy levels. So stock up on these 10 must eat foods and let the cleansing begin!
Although many people think of grapefruits or lemons when they think of a detox program, these fruits are so sour that many people add sugar to them to help with the taste. Ok, so eating sugar on a detox program, what’s wrong with this picture?
Instead, to avoid this, eat oranges. Oranges contain limonoids, which is the active ingredient that helps your body to detox.
They are also high in fiber which is not only good for detox but an important part in the prevention of colon cancer.