- The Science Of Alcohol Addiction
- Hunger Scale And Guide To Mindful Eating Infographic
- Bountiful Year: What To Eat, When To Eat It Infographic
- Healthy Food Substitutions For A Guilt-Free Diet Infographic
- Reishi Mushrooms For Better Health: What You Need To Know Infographic
- Vitamins For Your Brain Health And Where To Find Them Infographic
- Want To Try Making Natural Soap? Here Is How To Start Infographic
10 Uses for the Super Fruit of the 21st Century
Everyone knows that lemons, although sour, are bright, tasty citrus fruits that liven up everything from plain water to fish, salads to soups. However there are numerous other benefits to this bright, sunny fruit. Here is a list of just some of the positive ways lemons can impact your life.
1. Drinking lemon juice on a daily basis can prevent kidney stones
Lemon juice raises the citrate levels in your urine, preventing your kidneys from making calcium stones.
2. Lemons are so very soothing to a sore throat
This is an old home remedy that you may not have tried before but it works. Mix some lemon juice and honey in a cup of tea and watch your irritated throat just melt away.
3. It can relieve the itch from insect bites or stings
Mix a little cornstarch and lemon juice to make a paste and apply it to the area for 15 minutes. Presto, no more itch!
4. Lemon juice can help with your acne
Place a few drops on a cotton ball and smooth it over your face at night. Be sure to wash it off the next morning. The juices from lemons have antibacterial properties that kill the bad bacteria that allow acne to form.
5. Lemons can be great diuretics
Most women find they retain fluid at certain times of the month. Pregnant women also find that they retain water in their ankles, causing swollen, painful joints. Diuretics allow your body to release any excess water it might be storing. There are plenty of over the counter diuretics, but why use chemicals, especially if you are pregnant, when you can use the all-natural lemon? Drink lemon juice every day and see if it doesn’t relieve your symptoms after a few days.
Continue to Page 2