- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Astounding Health Benefits in This Tropical Fruit Will Surprise You
10. Improves Your Immune System
Your immune system is what protects you from the daily barrage of pathogens, bacteria, and viruses that we are exposed to each day. If you want fewer bouts with colds and flus, eat more papaya. The vitamin C in papayas is what supports a healthy immune system and who doesn’t want that?
11. Excellent for Your Eyes
The vitamin A in papayas help to stop age related deterioration of your eyesight. Papayas are also loaded with lutein, which has been shown in numerous studies to help stop age related macular degeneration. Keep your eyesight healthy with some delicious papaya. Read more about foods for eyesight.
12. Protects You from Arthritis
As we age, many people find they are affected by a debilitating disease called arthritis. Eating papayas regularly can help stop arthritis from making its home in your joints. The Annals of Rheumatic Diseases published a study which showed that persons who ate foods low in vitamin C were three times more likely to develop arthritis than those who ate a diet high in vitamin C. With more than 144 percent of your daily recommend intake of vitamin C in just one cup of papaya, you can’t go wrong by adding this little tropical jewel to your diet.
Although Christopher Columbus once called papayas “the fruit of the angels,” be aware that 90 percent of the papayas sold in American markets are GMO papayas. Ask and be certain that you are eating only organic, non-GMO papayas.