- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Best Foods That Increase Your Libido And 4 That Kick It To The Curb!
1. Red Meat
Although meat does give the body protein and some zinc, it is also high in fat and cholesterol. These things clog the arteries and reduce the flow of blood to the genitals. Those who consume a diet high in red meat are known to have an increased risk of developing heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and other health problems that reduce blood circulation and therefore, sexual dysfunction.
OK, these aren’t technically food, but pharmaceutical anti-depressants really mess with your sex drive. Some anti-depressants lower testosterone levels in men. Even some natural anti-depressants, such as St. John’s Wort, have been shown to lower libido. If you think anti-depressants might be interfering with your sex life, talk to your doctor about changing your medication.
3. Fatty Foods
Besides red meat, there are plenty of other fatty foods that can clog up the arteries, such as French fries, potato chips, and pork skins. These foods are loaded with unhealthy trans-fats and saturated fats that are well-known for increasing cholesterol levels in the blood, which can lead to high blood pressure, heart disease, and stroke. These conditions are known to cause sexual health problems in both women and men. Find out 17 common foods that help unclog arteries.
4. Excessive Alcohol
While a little alcohol can help to lower inhibitions, too much alcohol can be your worst enemy. Not only does it put a virtual stranglehold on sexual desire, it lowers sensitivity and can cause erectile dysfunction. One glass of wine can help you feel more relaxed, but any more than that can cause you to go home with a 2 instead of a 10.