- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Natural Means of Dealing with a Hiatal Hernia (Love #4!)
This spice can help to relive bloating and abdominal pain by soothing and calming the stomach. You can drink cinnamon tea or simply add ½ of a teaspoon of cinnamon to one cup of boiling water. Cover and steep for 5 minutes, then stir and drink while still warm. Drink one cup about15 minutes before or after each meal for relief from symptoms.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
You might not have thought about this as a remedy for your hiatal hernia, but it is actually an excellent remedy for reducing the most common symptoms of a hiatal hernia such as heartburn. Although acidic in nature, it has an alkaline affect once inside the body. Simply add 1 or 2 teaspoons of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar to a glass of warm water and sip it about 30 minutes before each meal.
5. Baking Soda
This is a natural antacid that has been used for untold ages for the relief of indigestion, gas, and heartburn, which are some of the most common symptoms of hiatal hernias. Mix half of a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water and drink at the first sign of these painful symptoms. Drink this remedy as needed but avoid drinking this in excess.
If you have hypertension, you should avoid this remedy.
6. Slippery Elm
This is an effective herb to help with the symptoms of your hiatal hernia. Slippery elm reduces heartburn, has a soothing effect on the stomach and is loaded with anti-inflammatory compounds. Slippery elm is available in almost all health food or natural stores. Mix 1 tablespoon of powdered slippery elm in 1 cup of hot water. Steep for 10 minutes and drink twice each day, soon after eating a meal.
Continue to Page 3