- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
15 Reasons Why You Should Include Kombucha In Your Diet
5. Antioxidant properties
Kombucha is a powerful antioxidant as it contains beta-carotene, vitamin C, vitamin E, and additional carotenoids. The fermentation process gives kombucha a more powerful and effective status as an antioxidant.
6. Helps treat diabetes
Back in 1929, it was discovered that kombucha was able to reduce blood sugar levels. Since then, additional tests showed that kombucha lowered the blood sugar levels significantly in rats that were diabetic. It was able to slow the digestion of carbohydrates in the rats and greatly improved the liver and kidney functions. When made with green tea, kombucha reduced the risks of becoming diabetic in 18% of those who drank green tea.
7. Reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease
Heart disease is the highest rated cause of death with heart attacks and strokes leading the way. Kombucha is effective in treating the two main causes of these diseases, the HDL and LDL levels of your cholesterol readings. It can lower these numbers in just 30 days. It has been shown to reduce the risk of getting heart problems by up to 31%.
8. Helps with kidney function
Kombucha has been effective in helping with kidney problems in a number of ways. It is able to cut out damage to the kidney that is the result of pollutants from the environment. It helps those who are already suffering from impairment of the kidneys. The tea prevents any calcifications that could occur in the kidneys as well as eliminate kidney stones from forming.
9. Reduces toxicity of the liver
Kombucha has a strong detoxifier that combines with any toxins that are coming into the liver so they can be released from the body through the kidneys. This process cuts down on any burden placed on the pancreas and it is able to keep the liver healthy.
Continue to Page 3