- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Make Your Own Bronzing Moroccan Oil Lotion Bar
Right now it’s all about Moroccan oil, isn’t it? Just walk down the beauty aisle of any super market, drug store, or home improvement store…well, OK, maybe not there, but that’s about the only place you won’t find Moroccan oil shampoo, body lotion, face lotion, tanning lotion, or hair conditioner. There is no argument that Moroccan oil is super hydrating, but because it’s so popular right now, it’s also super expensive.
If you are one of the many people on this planet with dry skin, you know what a job it is to keep it soft and well-hydrated, especially during the winter months. You’ve probably wanted to buy some of those Moroccan oil lotions, but maybe the price held you back or you didn’t want to pay an arm to find out whether or not this would really work on the dry skin on your legs.
Well, you don’t have to wait or wonder any longer. We are going to show you how to make your own Moroccan oil lotion bars. Start saving your empty stick deodorant containers, as these bars work perfectly inside one of these containers. You can tuck one in your purse or keep one by your bedside, you can even stick one in your office desk drawer and have the luxury of applying Moroccan oil to your skin anytime you like.
You will love making this yourself. In fact, you will love making them so much that you will find yourself giving them out to friends and family, so be sure you make extra ones for them. They are super easy, with only 3 basic ingredients. You can put these in silicon molds as well, to make your Moroccan lotion bar into pretty or cute little shapes, but for easy dispensing, you can’t beat those deodorant containers.
If you would like to give these out as gifts, you can find pretty containers online or simply glue a bit of cloth over the deodorant container and tie a piece of twine around it for a cute look.
These also work well for men but you might want to omit the bronze powder (most men aren’t thrilled about the shimmer, unless they are big Twilight fans). You can also change the type of essential oils you use to make it smell a bit more “manly”, such as using cedar wood, patchouli, or sandalwood.
SEE ALSO: How To Nourish Your Skin Infographic
OK, without further delay, here is the recipe for heavenly smelling Moroccan oil lotion bars with some bronzing mica dust (which is optional) for color and shimmer if you so desire.
Continue to Page 2
Moroccan Oil Lotion Bars
- ½ Cup of shea butter (measure this when solid)
- ½ Cup of beeswax pastilles
- 1/3 Cup of coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon argan oil
- 10 Drops each of basil, orange, lemon, and peppermint essential oil
- 5 Drops each of fennel, chamomile, and neroli essential oil
- 1 Tablespoon of bronze mica powder
- Melt the shea butter, beeswax, and coconut oil in a double boiler until thoroughly melted.
- Add your argan oil (if you are using) and/or essential oils (if you are using them.)
- Stir well to incorporate.
- Add your bronze mica powder (if you want a bit of summer bronze tone and shimmer.)
- Quickly pour into the container of your choice. This will set quickly so have the silicon molds or deodorant containers ready to go.
- This recipe makes enough to fill approximately 5 deodorant containers.