- The Potato: Nutritional Facts About The World’s Tastiest Vegetable Infographic
- The 4 Food Groups That Will Save Your Eyesight! (You’ll Be Amazed By #4!)
- 3 Effective Home Remedies For Kidney Stones
- Improve Your Intelligence, Detox, Fight Cancer, And More With This 1 Drink
- 7 Harmful Ingredients You May Be Eating Every Day Without Even Realizing It
- These Herbal Remedies Will Help You Get A Great Night’s Sleep!
- Do You Have A Salt Tooth?
Pomegranates: The Life Saving Super-Fruit?
There are a variety of fruits out there that have been hailed as “superfoods” over the years. Blueberries, açaí and concord grapes usually come to mind. But more and more research is showing how an unusual Middle Eastern fruit might outshine them all. That fruit is the pomegranate.
What Makes Pomegranates Special?
Research indicates that pomegranates pack an incredible amount of antioxidants. While many fruits have antioxidants, pomegranates are unique in the way that they contain every type of antioxidant. Most fruits only have a few. Antioxidants are essential for preventing oxidative stress on the cells and reducing the amount of free radicals in our body. Oxidative stress is actually what contributes to the aging process, so those who consume a higher amount of them can combat the effects of aging and enjoy a longer lifespan.
Pomegranates have also demonstrated qualities beneficial to those at risk for heart disease. The antioxidants in pomegranate juice have been linked to lowered systolic blood pressure. It also helps prevent, and even reverse, the formation of plaque in the arteries. Pomegranate juice has even shown potential for treating erectile dysfunction, since it increases nitric oxide (N.O.) production, which facilitates blood flow throughout the body, including the genitals.
But the most exciting health potential of pomegranates pertains to its cancer-fighting qualities.
Continue to Page 2