- 10 Everyday Mistakes Even Healthy People Make
- Does Obesity Make Your Brain Age Faster?
- Pineapple Juice Vs Cough Syrup?
- 10 Recipes For Natural Face Masks For Dry Skin
- The Dangers Of Heartburn And Acid Reflux Drugs They Never Tell You About
- Top Tips and Herbs That Will Keep You Warm this Winter
- 10 Super Relaxing and Cleansing Detox Bath Recipes (#5 is Luscious!)
The Secret Doctors Know About Cleaning Your Arteries
One of the main culprits of heart attacks is a buildup of plaque and fatty materials in the coronary arteries. There is one simple fruit that can lower your risk of a heart attack and clean out all that garbage in your veins. There have been multiple studies and a great deal of excitement over the results.
Science has discovered recently, though several well documented studies, that pomegranate juice may improve the blood flow to the heart. This was a small study of 45 patients who had myocardial ischemia ( which means that the heart does not receive sufficient amounts of blood), who drank 8 ounces of pomegranate juice every day over a 3 month period experienced less episodes of ischemia compared to those who did not drink the juice.
The study noted that these patients had no side effects whatsoever, not elevated blood sugar levels nor an increase in body weight.
The lead researcher in this project, after seeing the astonishing results of this test, concluded that he believes pomegranate juice may even prevent heart disease in those who do not have it already.
See also our juicing guide.
Pomegranate juice also appears to keep plaque from building up in blood vessels. This mega healthy juice has a multitude of antioxidants that keep cholesterol bound in form that is less damaging. Read also how to make sense of your cholesterol level.
It can also reduce plaque that is already found in the blood vessels. A study done in Israel showed a decrease in the LDL or “bad” cholesterol that builds to form plaque. This same study done in 2004 also showed that a daily glass of pomegranate juice can prevent the advancement of coronary artery disease by as much as 29 per cent in just one year!
The antioxidant properties of pomegranate juice, and tea, are known to prevent and repair the DNA damage that can possibly lead to cancer. Although it won’t keep all cancers away, it can slow cancer growth, especially prostate cancer. The American Institute of Cancer Research suggests that men who been diagnosed with early stages of prostate cancer would benefit from drinking pomegranate juice on a daily basis. Pomegranate juice appears to suppress the growth of cancer cells. This amazing fruit has more antioxidant properties than cranberry juice or green tea.
There have been a collection of studies that show pomegranates amazing healing and preventative properties such as:
- Reversing hypertension ( high blood pressure)
- Anti-bacterial and anti-viral
- Kidney protection
- Anti-aging effects
- Liver protection
- Immune support
- Breast cancer and prostate cancer protection
To top it all off, pomegranates taste great! What more could you ask for? Due to pomegranates popularity you no longer have to struggle with all those little seeds. Pomegranate juice and teas are available everywhere. Now that you know all the ways in which this beautiful red juice can improve your health, here are a few ways you can sneak it into your daily diet.
- Add just a splash or a spritz of pomegranate juice on top of your salad to sweeten up a plate of greens.
- Add pomegranate juice into your favorite smoothie or make one with pure pomegranate juice!
- Add a handful of those sweet red seed to your salad to add a bit of color and health.
- Substitute pomegranate juice for orange juice or your usual morning coffee.
- Try mixing pomegranate juice with other juices, such as apple or cranberry, for a super healthy, energizing fruity cocktail.
Now that you know some of the many health benefits from this unbelievable little fruit do your heart and body a healthy favor. Find ways to eat it fresh and /or drink a lot more of this miracle fruit’s pure goodness.