- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
The Top 10 Reasons to Eat Pumpkin Seeds
5. Relief from Menopause Symptoms
Pumpkin seed oil is full of a natural phytoestrogens. Some studies suggest that consuming these can lead to an increase of the good cholesterol and a decrease in blood pressure, headaches, and the hot flashes that menopausal women suffer from.
6. Deep Sleep
Tryptophan is an amino acid that your body converts into serotonin, then melatonin, a natural sleeping pill. Eating some pumpkin seeds a few hours before your regular bedtime, along with a bit of carbohydrate, may help your body produce enough melatonin to ensure a good night’s rest. Find out the importance of sleep.
In studies done on animals it’s been suggested that consuming pumpkin seeds might help improve the regulation of insulin and prevent complications from diabetes by decreasing oxidative stress. Read the bitter truth about diabetes.
8. Omega -3 Fats
Like all raw nuts and seeds, pumpkin seeds are one of the best sources of plant based Omega-3 fatty acids.
9. Liver Health
Pumpkin seeds are high in antioxidants, fibers, and rich in healthy fats, which might provide health benefits for your liver and heart function, especially when taken with flax seeds.
10. Kidney Health
Studies have shown that eating pumpkin seeds may prevent calcium oxalate stone formation in the kidneys.