- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Free Subscription To the Freshest Health News And Tips
Three Super High Protein Vegetarian Recipes: Get Your Protein On!
1. Kale And Chickpea Soup
Winter is here and soup is oh so warming! Kale is always a winner and when you combine it with chickpeas, you get plenty of vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber and, of course, protein!
- 1 large organic yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 cloves of organic garlic, minced
- 2oOrganic potatoes (your choice) peeled and cut into ½ inch squares
- 2 teaspoons of coriander
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 2 cups of vegetable broth (perhaps another ½ cup of needed)
- 6 cups of chopped, stemmed organic kale
- 1 organic, red bell pepper
- 1 can (14.5 Ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (15.5 Ounces) chickpeas, drained
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until soft or about 5 minutes. Stir to prevent burning.
- Add the tomato paste, garlic, cayenne, coriander, cumin, and oregano. Stir for about 1 minute.
- Add the broth and kale. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the kale is wilted and soft.
- Stir in the chickpeas, tomatoes, bell pepper, and salt.
- Simmer until the vegetables are soft and tender but not mushy, about 20 to 25 minutes. Add more broth if the soup is too thick for your liking.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if you like.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Continue to Page 3
Help Us Spread The Word!
Like Us On Facebook To Stay Updated!
I'm already a Naturalon fan, don't show this box again.