- Evening Habits That Are Ruining Your Sleep Video
- How Do You Treat A Bee Sting Naturally? Video
- 4 DIY Exfoliating Body Scrubs You Make At Home Video
- 3 Awesome Salad Recipes You Need To Try This Summer Video
- Simple Tips For Taking Better Care Of Your Hands Infographic
- Fascinating Facts About Mushrooms And Their Health Benefits Video
- Make Chemicals-Free Cleaning Supplies Using Essential Oils Infographic
Top 5 Super Easy Detox Salads You Can Take to Work!
You might have thought that detoxing only involves smoothies or those high priced powdered supplements but did you know that it’s the veggies that do the detox dirty work? It doesn’t really matter if you use them in a smoothie, eat them raw right out of the fridge, as long as you get your veggies in, you will get the same detox power.
One of the great things about salads is that you can take them to work and eat them almost anytime. Munch on it throughout the day, or just dive in at lunch time. Salads are very portable, nothing to spill, and as long as your office isn’t super-hot, you can even leave them in your desk drawer until lunch time. If you like your salad super cold, put it in the fridge by all means, but you really don’t have to.
We have assembled some of the easiest detoxifying salads around. You will find that they are super tasty and use fairly common ingredients, so you don’t have to make a special trip to the store or spend all day looking for that one weird ingredient. Prepare your salad the night before and you will have a quick lunch ready to go in the morning.
Keep reading and enjoy a different detox salad every day this week.
1. Keep It Simple Detox Salad
At first glance you might think that this salad isn’t any different from other salads, but every single thing in this recipe is working hard to give your body all the nutrients it needs as well as the cleanse you want. Brussels sprouts will give you the fiber to help move toxins out of your body and the avocado will provide you with the healthy fats, antioxidants, potassium, and other vitamins that your body needs as well.
- ½ Bunch of organic curly kale, stems removed and cut into pieces
- 4 Ounces of organic spring mix greens (or greens of your choice)
- 1/3 Small head of red, organic cabbage, cut into small pieces
- 2 Medium organic carrots, sliced into thin rounds
- ½ Cup of cooked black beans
- 2 Portobello mushroom caps, chopped
- 2 Small roasted organic beets, chopped into small pieces
- 1 Cup roasted Brussels sprouts
- ½ Cup chopped organic red pepper, seeds removed
- ¼ Cup unsalted, raw sunflower seeds
- ½ Organic avocado, sliced
- The mushrooms will taste best if you let them marinate in balsamic vinegar or the salad dressing listed at the end of this list overnight.
- Roast the Brussels sprouts and beets the night before for easy assembling in the morning.