- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top Tips for Eating Healthy During the Holiday Season
The holiday season is all about abundance and sharing that abundance with friends and family. Unfortunately, this also means that there is an abundance of sugary, salty, artificially flavored, and sometimes, even toxic food being passed around.
Now, no one wants to show up at Christmas or New Year’s Day dinner and find nothing but big bowls of sprouts, broccoli, and cabbage. It doesn’t have to be all or nothing, however, and we are here to help point you in the right direction so you can enjoy yourself without sacrificing your health and without offending anyone. Keep reading so you can make good decisions this holiday season so no one will mistake you for Santa Claus later on.
1. The Turkey
If you plan on serving turkey or ham this season, the last thing you want to do is serve your family some GMO fed, preservative laden, factory farmed animal. This time of year, many farmers markets offer organic, free range animals, sometimes butchered fresh for you and ready to be picked up any day you want.
If you live in a more remote area that has wild turkeys and you, or someone you know, doesn’t mind hunting, a wild bird is also a great way to avoid those factory farmed birds. Look for the words “free range” or “non-caged” animal.