- Evening Habits That Are Ruining Your Sleep Video
- How Do You Treat A Bee Sting Naturally? Video
- 4 DIY Exfoliating Body Scrubs You Make At Home Video
- 3 Awesome Salad Recipes You Need To Try This Summer Video
- Simple Tips For Taking Better Care Of Your Hands Infographic
- Fascinating Facts About Mushrooms And Their Health Benefits Video
- Make Chemicals-Free Cleaning Supplies Using Essential Oils Infographic
Top Tips for Eating Healthy During the Holiday Season
The holiday season is all about abundance and sharing that abundance with friends and family. Unfortunately, this also means that there is an abundance of sugary, salty, artificially flavored, and sometimes, even toxic food being passed around.
Now, no one wants to show up at Christmas or New Year’s Day dinner and find nothing but big bowls of sprouts, broccoli, and cabbage. It doesn’t have to be all or nothing, however, and we are here to help point you in the right direction so you can enjoy yourself without sacrificing your health and without offending anyone. Keep reading so you can make good decisions this holiday season so no one will mistake you for Santa Claus later on.
1. The Turkey
If you plan on serving turkey or ham this season, the last thing you want to do is serve your family some GMO fed, preservative laden, factory farmed animal. This time of year, many farmers markets offer organic, free range animals, sometimes butchered fresh for you and ready to be picked up any day you want.
If you live in a more remote area that has wild turkeys and you, or someone you know, doesn’t mind hunting, a wild bird is also a great way to avoid those factory farmed birds. Look for the words “free range” or “non-caged” animal.