- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
What Diseases Can You Get From Your Pets?
Originally, the group of viruses known as hantavirus was only spread by wild rodents, but that has changed. Wild rodents passed along the disease through their urine, saliva, droppings, and interaction with their nests. In 2017, it became clear that eight people who lived in Illinois and Wisconsin became ill after trying to breed rats as pets. More and more people have gotten sick from these viruses, so be careful.
The spread of rabies comes from a bite that was given by an infected animal. Many dogs were eliminated from spreading this disease for a while, but currently there are from 80 to 100 dogs each year that spread the rabies virus. There are over 300 cats that pass it along as well. Make sure that you get your dog, cat, or ferret vaccinated in order to prevent the spread of this nasty disease.
6. Toxoplasma gondii
The primary way this disease is passed along to humans is through the feces of cats, usually through their litter box. The disease show a lot of signs, but it can cause severe problems to a person’s brain, eyes, as well as other organs.
Even though the spread of this disease comes from cats and dogs, the chances of suffering from a devastating illness only happens to those with a compromised immune system. Watch for any bites or scratches you may get from your pet. If you end up with a fever, vomiting, or diarrhea make sure to see your doctor immediately. You can actually die from this infection if it is not treated right away.
Continue to Page 3
Apr 27, 2017 at 10:05 pm
Great article. Think of all the crap you can get when your dog swipes its butt on your sofa and then people touch and sit on it…disgusting.