- Amazing Things You Can Do With Orange Peels Instead Of Throwing Them Away Video
- Raisins Or Grapes? Dry Or Raw? Which One Is Better?
- Learn How You Can Improve Your Health With A Balanced Diet Infographic
- 7 Health Reasons To Eat A Clove Of Fresh Garlic Everyday Video
- The Ultimate Detox Salad Recipe: Find It Here Infographic
- Easy Mango And Lime Sorbet Recipe To Make This Summer Video
- Summer Delights: Seasonal Fruits And Best Ways To Eat Them Infographic
10 Super Cheap but Super Healthy Foods
Everybody knows someone who always says they want to eat healthy but they claim it’s too expensive. That’s not an excuse, that’s reality. Nutritious foods actually are more expensive than junk foods but that doesn’t mean you have to give up eating healthy, you just need to find the right foods.
So here are our top 10 picks, all of which are healthy but cost less than a dollar per serving. Now this is an average price, but some of these might be higher in your area, for example, it’s not a surprise that oranges would cost less in Florida than in Montana. So although the actual price of these might vary a bit from store to store and state to state, they are all healthy foods that are inexpensive and still full of nutrition.
Although it doesn’t get as much attention as other salad greens, cabbage is very nutritious.
It’s a great source of fiber, potassium, as well as vitamin C. It also has the same cancer and disease fighting properties as other members in the cruciferous group, such as broccoli.
Average Cost Per Serving: 11 cents