- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
4 Super Food Groups that Give You Balanced Hormones and Great Skin
Who doesn’t want beautiful, glowing skin? You get that when your hormones are well balanced, were you aware of that? That’s one reason pregnant women have that warm glow to their skin; it’s their hormones!
Our hormones control almost everything about us, our libido, metabolism, digestion, our moods, even how our skin and hair looks. When we don’t eat right, our bodies cannot produce hormones in the correct amounts.
For years now we have been told that fat is bad, while nothing could be further from the truth. Healthy, natural fat is the perfect raw material that our bodies need for proper hormone production.
Here’s how to eat to balance your hormones and get that beautiful glowing skin you want. From the list below, choose one food from each group and get a hormone balancing meal that will make your skin glow from the inside out.
1. Clean Protein
- Wild fish ( not farm raised, be sure to read the labels)
- Organic, grass fed, free range chicken, beef, turkey, bison, or elk.
- Organic eggs from non-caged, free range chickens
- Quinoa (see more about what quinoa is)
2. Anti-oxidant Rich Veggies
- Any dark green vegetable such as cilantro, broccoli, asparagus, and collard greens, mustard greens, cabbage, kale, and cucumbers. Find out how to detox your body with them.
- Any bright colored vegetable such as red, yellow, and orange bell peppers, red onions, carrots, tomatoes, red cabbage, and beets.
- Colorful starchy vegetables such as all types of squash, yucca, artichokes, sweet potatoes, and turnips.
3. Herbs and Spices that Promote Healing
- Ginger (read why it is called among top6 coffee alternatives)
4. Healthy Fats that Balance Your Hormones
- Nuts and seeds: Soak nuts and seeds in water overnight to help with digestion. Also in this list are olives, olive oil, hemp seed oil, flax seed oil, fermented cod liver oil, and raw, organic cultured dairy products.
- Coconut oil- Actually, any and all coconut products. Coconuts contain lauric acid which, not only being great for your skin, but they really promote healthy hormone production.
- Egg yolks – Eggs are rich in numerous vitamins and minerals, as well as potassium and phosphorous, all of which help your hormones as well as your entire reproductive system. When you eat only egg whites you are depriving yourself of the most nutritious part of the egg!
- Avocados – Break out the guacamole! These great tasting green jewels are a great source of healthy fats that help our bodies process the nutrients we eat. Not only that, they are full of nutrients themselves such as fiber, magnesium, potassium and many essential vitamins.
- Ghee (raw butter) – Ditch the margarine! Butter is a great source of short and medium chain fatty acids that are essential to your immune system as well as being the very building blocks your body needs for hormone production.
Once you find that your body has the nutrition it needs to make and balance your hormones you will find you not only have beautiful skin but that you have much more stable moods and tons of energy. When given the proper foods, our bodies are wonderful, stable, working machines that are a pure joy to experience.