- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Aloe Vera: Recipes That Are More Than Skin Deep!
When most people hear the word “recipe,” health and beauty benefits are not the first things that come to mind. It may surprise you to know that with the help of the Aloe Vera plant, your skin and hair can all get so much from this amazing gift from Mother Nature. Even if this sounds too good to be true, we hope that you will give this natural remedy a try and start seeing some wonderful results.
1. The Main (Mane!) Attraction
Most people are either very proud or very sensitive about the quality of their hair. Both men and women often experience thinning or texture changes to their hair as they get older. Aloe Vera can help improve the quality of hair, often giving it a shiny and vital appearance.
Smooth and Shiny DIY Hair Mask
- Mix 5 tablespoons of fresh Aloe Vera gel, 4 tablespoons each of yogurt and olive oil, and 2 tablespoons of honey in a bowl.
- Stir all these ingredients well.
- Apply the mixture to the scalp.
- Massage gently on the scalp and hair for 10-15 minutes.
- Leave it for another 25-30 minutes, and rinse your hair with tepid water.
This recipe utilizes the gel from inside the leaf. When used a few times per month, this recipe will promote smooth and shiny hair, and you will also see a boost in hair growth!
Continue to Page 2
2. Sweet and Simple
Did you know that Aloe Vera can also be combined with other ingredients to create a skin exfoliator?
Super Sweet Exfoliating Scrub
Simply combine a small amount of Aloe Vera gel and one palm full of brown sugar. Mix well and rub gently into the skin using a circular motion.
Another very popular use for Aloe Vera is in a face mask.
Facial masks have been used for many years to reduce acne, restore moisture, brighten the tone of skin, improve skin’s appearance, and are in general a wonderful form of self-care.
Here is a face mask recipe that utilizes Aloe Vera, and several other healing ingredients.
Power Half Hour Face Mask
- Aloe Vera: 1 tablespoon
- Milk cream: 2 tablespoons
- Honey: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric: A pinch
- Rose water: A few drops
Mix all ingredients and apply the wonderful mask to your face and neck. When 30 minutes have elapsed, simply rinse the mask off with tepid water.
Continue to Page 3
3. The Eyes Have It
Aloe Vera can also aid in reducing the puffiness under our eyes. It’s no secret that most of us are busier than ever, rushing here and there, and barely getting the recommended eight hours of sleep each night. If you find that you have puffy skin under your eyes, this recipe can help and grant you a more well-rested look.
Puffy Eye Remedy
- A pea-sized amount of Aloe Vera
- Double that amount of cucumber puree
Combine well and apply a small amount under each eye.
You may be intimidated by the idea of creating your own health and beauty concoctions, but please don’t be! This is something that you can do. These are cost-effective and all-natural, and we believe if you give them a try you will be pleasantly surprised by the results. Aloe Vera may just become your favorite health and beauty secret ingredient!