- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Nine High Fat Foods Which Actually Help You Lose Weight
Yep, that’s right, you read correctly: Eating fat can help you lose fat. “But how on earth does that work and where do I sign up?!”, – we hear you asking. Well, read on to discover these nine foods which are high in the kind of fats that can help you shed those pounds without feeling short-changed on flavour.
And we’re talking about the wild variety. That deep red flesh is bursting with heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, and just two portions a week of this fish can bring considerable health benefits. The high concentrations of omega-3’s coupled with some serious protein mean that a portion of wild salmon keeps you feeling fuller longer and over time has even been proven to lower your blood pressure.
2. Dark chocolate
Not only is number two delicious, but it’s packed full of flavonoids which are powerful antioxidants and fat-burning agents to boot. Dark chocolate also contains stearic acid, which studies have shown to slow down digestion, which leaves you feeling more satisfied and less likely to reach for unhealthy snacks. Although remember: always go for the one with the highest cocoa content, that’s the good stuff. Avoid any dark chocolate high in sugar and other additives which would seriously diminish its fat-fighting powers.
3. Olive oil
A true taste of the Mediterranean, but a fat in its purest form, so how can it make you lose weight? Well, olive oil is bursting with those heart-healthy fats, antioxidants, and vitamin E and, when combined with a Mediterranean diet rich in fish, vegetables, and legumes you have a one-way ticket to lose that excess weight and keep it off. This one is truly a superfood in its own right!
Continue to Page 2