- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
6 Super Quick and Super Easy DIY Personal Care Products
Don’t you just love making your own personal care products? It is so nice to know exactly what is in the products you are using! Better still, it feels so good knowing what ISN’T in the products you are using!
But sometimes, doesn’t it feel like some recipes are so time consuming? Or they use things you just don’t normally have at home, so you need to make a special trip or try to remember it on your next shopping trip? Then you find out that you waited too long and you’ve run out of something, and then you are faced with the dilemma of choosing between using the chemical filled junky stuff or not washing your hair. Or brushing your teeth only with water?
Well, we have 6 super easy and super quick recipes that don’t require anything special, most of this stuff you should have in your house and you can whip them up in a matter of minutes.
Keep reading! These are so easy, you might start using these recipes instead of your usual!
1. Two Ingredient Leave-In Conditioner
You’ve got to love this recipe, two ingredients and you’re done! If you get frizzy hair after it dries and you usually use those leave in conditioners, this is a great one to try instead.
Simply mix one part conditioner (any kind, even your homemade type will do) and two parts hot water. Not boiling water, just plain old hot water from the tap. For example, you can use 4 ounces of conditioner with 8 ounces of hot water and mix it in a 12 ounce spray bottle. Shake well and spritz your ends when they are about half way dry.
Now, you could spruce this up a bit and add a bit of coconut oil or argan oil, but if you don’t have any, this recipe works just great as is. This is also the perfect hair detangler for kids.
2. Whipped Coconut Oil Body Moisturizer
This is another good recipe; it has only 1 ingredient, unless you would like to add some essential oils for scent. If you get super dry skin (and who doesn’t in the winter?!) Then this is the perfect recipe for you. It can prevent wrinkles, and helps those of you who have skin problems such as psoriasis or eczema. You will absolutely love this recipe. Find some pretty glass containers and give some out as gifts!
This is so easy, you won’t believe it. Simply put 2 cups of coconut oil into a mixing bowl. If it’s gotten hard, break it up into smaller chunks. Bring out your mixer and turn it on high. Scrape down the sides of the bowl a few times and continue to whip the oil until it turns into something that looks like butter or butter cream. If you want to add any essential oils for scent, this is the time to do it. Keep mixing until everything is smooth and creamy and you are done! How easy is that?!
Continue to Page 2
3. Moisturizing Bubble Bath
This wonderful little recipe has only 3 ingredients and if you love to soak in a bubble bath, but find that most commercial bubble baths dry out your skin, you will love this recipe.
You need 1 cup of water, ¼ cup of Castile soap, and 1 ounce of vegetable glycerin. Mix everything together and when your tub is about half full, pour this mixture under the running water. You can add one half to one tablespoon of coconut oil also, if you like, but you won’t get as many bubbles.
You can also double this recipe and save half for next time. Store it in a pretty glass Mason jar and you can even keep it on display next to the tub. Read also about making lavender bath bombs.
4. Super Freshening Toothpaste
Although some people can’t stand the taste of coconut oil, this one has a little flavoring that should make it much more pleasant. Only 4 ingredients as well! You will need:
- 3 Tablespoons of baking soda
- 3 Tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of organic stevia extract
- 15 or 20 drops of either peppermint essential oil or cinnamon essential oil– whichever is your preferred flavor.
Simply melt the coconut oil over low heat, and then add all the other ingredients. Mix well and pour into a small tube or jar. Allow to cool until it has hardened and you are ready to go! Keep this in a cool place. If you live in a very warm area, you can store it in the refrigerator. Find out one more recipe of mineralizing toothpaste.
Continue to Page 3
5. Make Your Own Body Wash
Only 5 natural ingredients and since it doesn’t contain water, it will keep forever (well, for about a year) in a cool place. Here is what you need:
- 2/3 Cup of liquid castile soap
- ¼ Cup of raw organic honey
- 2 Teaspoons of olive oil, sweet almond oil or grapeseed oil, your choice.
- 1 Teaspoon of vitamin E oil (you can break open some vitamin E capsules and squeeze out the oil)
- 50 to 60 drops of your favorite essential oil(s)
Simply measure out all the ingredients and pour them into a squirt top bottle. Shake well to mix. You should shake well before every use. That’s it!
Which are the best essential oils for your skin? Here are some favorites:
- Lavender – One of the oldest and probably the most popular. This is a very gentle oil that is good for all skin types including those with mature skin or very sensitive skin. This is a good choice for those with itchy skin problems.
- Chamomile – It doesn’t matter if it’s German or Roman chamomile, this is the perfect oil for those with dry skin, those with acne, or for those suffering from dermatitis or eczema.
- Geranium – This is the one you should choose if you have oily skin or acne breakouts, eczema, dermatitis, or other skin issues. This oil will revitalize and brighten up the skin
- Grapefruit or Lemon – Either of these is a good choice for those with really oily skin.
There are hundreds of other scents, and the above are only meant to be a suggestion. Don’t be afraid to mix and match scents as these are sometimes the best smelling. If you want to make a body wash for children, either omit the essential oils, or cut the amount in half.
6. Super Easy Facial Cleanser
This recipe has only two ingredients and some people report that it cleared up their teenager’s acne in days. Others state that this has given many people relief from eczema. You don’t need much, simply put about a dime size drop on a clean cotton pad and wipe all over the face. (Avoid your eyes, of course) This moisturizes but cleans thoroughly and kills germs at the same time.
In a small bottle or jar, put ¼ cup of witch hazel with ¼ cup of olive oil. If you have super dry skin, you can add a bit more olive oil. Shake the bottle before each use.
Wow. It doesn’t get much easier than this! Have fun making your own healthy products, friends, and live the best life possible!