- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 12 Delightful Detox Water Recipes
Drinking plain, purified water is in and of itself a great way to help your body naturally flush out toxins, but what if we told you that by adding a few simple ingredients, you can change plain old water into some powerful detoxifying water that will also give your body added nutrients?
Why drink plain water when you can make your daily water a detoxifying agent that is working for you every single day? Take a look at our top 12 detox water recipes and find a few that really speak to your needs, or your taste buds, and get started doing a flavorful detox program each and every day.
1. Delightful Strawberry Detox Water
Everyone loves the taste of strawberries and these delicious little fruits can also add powerful antioxidant power to your daily water. This is super refreshing in the summer months, but it can be used anytime you like. Drinking something as delicious as strawberry, watermelon, and rosemary flavored water will make detox seem more like a pleasure than a pain.
- 1 Cup of fresh, organic strawberries (you can remove the green tops if you like)
- 2 Cups of cubed organic watermelon
- 2 Sprigs of fresh organic rosemary
- Dash of sea salt
- 2 Liters of pure water
- Crush the strawberries and rosemary a bit in a bowl. The back of a spoon or fork works well for this.
- Add all ingredients into the water and turn gently.
- Allow to sit in the refrigerator overnight for best flavor.
- Serve as is or pour over ice.
2. Super Morning Detox Water
The simplest way to detox every day is to squeeze the juice from half an organic lemon into a glass of water and drink it before you do anything else. This method flushes out toxins quickly so that they don’t build up.
If you get in the habit of drinking this every morning, you will find that you feel more energetic during the day because toxins do not get a chance to build up in your system and slow you down. Be sure that you are drinking about 8 ounces of water and the juice from ½ of a lemon. You can also drink this over ice all day long if you like, for extra detox power.
3. Awesome Aloe Detox Water
You have most likely already experienced the power of aloe vera to stop inflammation when you applied the gel of a fresh leaf to a burn. Did you know that you can also drink aloe vera? Taken internally, aloe vera helps with the digestive process, improves circulation, and stops fatigue in its tracks. You can buy pre-made aloe vera juice or water, but why not make your own? Simply split an aloe vera leaf down the center and remove the clear gel. Squeeze about 2 tablespoons of the gel into a glass of water and add a squeeze of lemon juice (about 2 tablespoons) for flavor. Mix this well or put it in your blender for a minute to be sure it’s well blended. Read also about aloe vera benefits for losing weight.
4. New You Detox Water
This is a tasty way to get your detox going! Start with a gallon of pure water. Add a handful of organic raspberries (frozen are OK), one sliced pear, half of a sliced grapefruit (remove the skin), and half of a sliced cucumber. You can also add some cranberries, lemon or lime slices, and a handful of blueberries if you have some on hand. Put everything into the water and allow it to sit overnight. Strain in the morning and drink the water the next day. To get the most out of this water, be sure that you make a fresh one every day or every other day. This water will not only detox your body naturally, it will also stimulate your metabolism so that you burn fat while pleasing your taste buds like no plain water can!
5. Hot and Spicy Detox Water
This is one of the most important drinks in the Master Cleanse. During that program you stop eating foods and drink only a mixture of water, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and maple syrup. This recipe is similar but you don’t have to stop eating to get some of the same benefits. Simply drink a glass of this in the morning and evening and it will clean toxins out of your body like crazy.
- 10 Ounces of pure water
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh organic lemon or lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 1 to 10 Teaspoons of cayenne pepper (as hot as you can stand it)
- Mix the lemon juice and maple syrup together.
- Add the other ingredients.
- Drink it down.
- If you prefer, you can use hot water for more of a tea-like beverage.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Water
It might not taste all that great in and of itself, but apple cider vinegar does a terrific job when it comes to detox power. Most people won’t drink a simple water and apple cider vinegar drink, but we have a recipe that will make this taste so good, you will forget that it contains vinegar. This mixture gives apple cider vinegar additional power and health benefits that you won’t want to miss.
- 30 Ounces of water
- 4 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons of organic lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 Tablespoons raw, organic honey
- Heat the water until it’s very, very hot, but not boiling.
- Mix all ingredients into the hot water.
- Drink when still hot.
- You can cut this recipe in half if you can’t drink that much water right away.
7. Lemony Ginger Detox Water
Ginger has powerful detox properties and is a natural pain reliever so when you add it to lemon and water; you are creating a tasty yet super detox drink.
Simply grate about ½ an inch of organic ginger root (peel it first) into 16 ounces of pure water. Add the juice from ½ of an organic lemon and mix well. This will not only relieve joint pain and stop inflammation in the body, it will remove toxins at the same time. Simply heat two cups of water in a saucepan. Add 1 inch of organic, peeled and thinly sliced ginger root along with the juice of ½ of a large, organic lemon. Allow to boil for about 5 minutes, then strain. If this is too tart for you, add a little raw, organic honey. You can drink this hot, like a tea, or add a few more lemon slices and let it cool in the refrigerator, then drink cold or over ice.
SEE ALSO: The Top Benefits of Drinking Barley Water and How to Make It
8. Super Fruit Detox Water
This is another great recipe that tastes so good, you won’t believe that it’s detox water! Strawberries help fight carcinogens with their high antioxidant compounds, and the kiwi fruit is full of vitamins A and E, which flush toxins from your colon and keep your skin looking radiant.
- ¼ Cup of organic blueberries (frozen is fine)
- 4 Large organic strawberries
- 1 Organic kiwi fruit, peeled and cut into slices
- 2 Sprigs of fresh mint leaves
- 2 Sprigs of fresh basil
- ¼ Organic cucumber, sliced
- ½ Organic lime, sliced
- ½ Organic lemon, sliced
- 2 Liters of pure water
- Crush the blueberries and strawberries slightly.
- Add everything to the water and allow to sit overnight.
- Pour over ice or drink as is.
9. Fat Flushing Detox Water
This recipe is designed to help you lose some fat with some fruits that most people tend to overlook. Grapefruit rev’s up your metabolism and is a super detoxing fruit. The added tangerines and other ingredients will help make this sweet and delicious.
- ½ Gallon of pure water
- 1 Organic grapefruit, cut into wedges
- 1 Organic mandarin orange or tangerine, sliced
- ½ Organic cucumber sliced
- 2 Organic mint leaves
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and allow to sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- Pour over ice and enjoy.
10. Minty Citrus Fresh Detox Water
Mostly made of water, cucumbers add freshness and needed minerals to any detox program. This is why you see them included in so many detox routines. The mint in this recipe adds a fresh, clean taste to the water, along with many additional nutrients. You will find yourself making this recipe over and over again. For this recipe, simply slice up one organic lemon, one lime, and one small orange. Add the fruit to a large pitcher of water (about 2 liters), then add one large handful of fresh mint leaves. Allow to steep overnight in the refrigerator.
11. Apple Pie Detox Water
OK, we aren’t really adding apple pie to water, but this drink will remind you of it! This powerful detox water has almost no calories but has real stimulating effects on your internal organs, encouraging them to cleanse themselves. Simply fill a pitcher with one gallon of pure water. Thinly slice up one apple (any variety) and break one cinnamon stick into two or three pieces. Add to the water and add a handful or two of ice. Allow to sit for several hours, or even overnight. Strain, and serve. If you like a more flavorful water, you can always add another apple or two and another cinnamon stick.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Which Water is the Best for Detox Programs?
12. Watermelon Delight Detox Water
Watermelon helps to flush toxins out of your body through an organic compound it contains called citrulline, which is an amino acid that helps your kidneys filter ammonia. Besides, who doesn’t love the crisp, fresh taste of watermelon? Even in the middle of January it can make you feel like it’s the middle of July!
- 2 Liters of pure water
- Half of a small watermelon, cut into pieces and seeds removed
- 2 Organic lemons or limes (or one of each)
- 1 Handful of fresh, organic mint leaves
- Chop the watermelon into cubes (you can leave the rind on if you like) and add it to the water.
- Cut the lemon/lime into quarters and add it to the water.
- Give the mint leaves a little twist so that you can smell them, then drop them in the water.
- Allow this mixture to sit overnight in the fridge.
- Pour over ice and enjoy.